Material Bank, a division of SANDOW, is a technology and logistics company that helps designers and trade professionals source material, building, and architectural products. The platform provides users the ability to search through millions of products from leading brands and request samples all within a single site. Material Bank will soon offer a much wider mix of services and solutions, widening our member and client base and driving advancements in our technology platform and logistics operations.
As we prepare for the future, we are seeking an accomplished logistics and fulfillment leader who is energized by the idea of driving growth, building teams, implementing technology-based solutions, and positioning Material Bank as a market leader when it comes to best practices and winning operations.
Our operation currently operates within our “start-up” 80,000 square foot facility and is supported by automation, robotics, a custom WMS, 200,000+ SKUs, and a skilled workforce of approximately 70 team members. With the goal of adapting to meet market demand and prepare for future needs, the Director - Logistics and Fulfillment, critical short-term objectives will be to set the path as we move ahead. By December of 2020, we will be operating out of a new location, ~350,000 square feet, with a team of ~150 members. We expect continued growth well beyond 2020 and have expansion plans that will take us across North America and Europe.
Material Bank’s management team operates with an entrepreneurial core. We move fast, we take calculated risks, we always look ahead and thinking bigger, we are super hands on, we get into the details, and we love celebrating our successes. The right individual will have a similar mindset and thrive on a team that is on a quest to build a great company with massive reach and volume, all while prioritizing its staff and culture.
What you’ll do (short-term)
- Scale order fulfillment strategy
- Scale intake processing strategy
- Drive WMS process improvements
- Drive quick cost savings solutions
- Determine process improvements across logistics functions
- Resolve day to day operational issues
What you’ll do (long-term)
- Perform business needs analysis
- Collaborate with corporate partners to develop and implement business solutions
- Focus continually on improving cost of delivery/service
- Direct cross-functional teams to assess processes and design solutions
- Drive innovation, automation and technical solutions based on industry-leading best practices
What you’ll bring
- 10+ years of varied logistics experience
- 5+ years of fast pace, high-volume, e-comm or parcel fulfillment experience
- Keen understanding of modern-day fulfillment best practices
- Broad market awareness related to tools, tech, and solutions
- Large facility management experience 200,000+ square feet
- Both a process and people minded leader
- Experience owning a P&L
SANDOW was founded by visionary entrepreneur Adam Sandow in 2003 with the goal of building a truly innovative media company that would reinvent the traditional publishing model. Today, SANDOW is a fully integrated solutions platform powering innovation for the design and luxury industries.
Its diverse portfolio of design media and technology companies include Interior Design, Luxe Interiors + Design, Metropolis, Galerie and NewBeauty. Materials Innovation brands include global materials consultancy Material ConneXion and game-changing material sampling, logistics and sustainability platform Material Bank. SANDOW brands also include research and strategy firm ThinkLab. In 2019, SANDOW was selected by the New York Economic Development Corp. to become the official operator of NYCxDESIGN, beginning in 2020.