Material Bank, a division of SANDOW, is a disruptive technology and data company that helps designers and trade professionals source materials and architectural products. The platform provides users the ability to search through thousands of products from leading manufacturers and request samples all within a single site. As members source and make selections through Material Bank’s sophisticated tools, the platform connects them directly with manufacturers—ultimately driving their purchasing decisions.
The Member Services Specialist supports designers and architects who are active users of the Material Bank platform, as the primary point-person.
This is no ordinary customer support role. Material Bank users are savvy and well-versed experts in their field. As such, they require precise and clear communication that is on-point to very detailed questions. Material Bank operates 24/7 and each role focuses on a specific shift of hours in order to ensure coverage throughout the day.
The successful candidate will have a positive customer service attitude, be experienced with user support software and have excellent written and verbal communication skills. Additionally, we are seeking an individual with a track record of supporting basic technical troubleshooting such as web browser related issues. Please note that candidates will be asked to complete a writing sample during the interview process.
What you’ll do
- Manage inbound requests via email, phone, and/or chat
- Manage outbound communications via phone and Zendesk’s user support platform
- Approve site access requests from new members
- Deliver professional, patient and friendly support
- Produce user performance tracking reports
- Coordination of member solutions with internal team as well as with external vendors
- Support various department administrative tasks, down-time permitting
What you’ll bring
- 3+ years’ experience in a customer support role
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English
- Experience using a customer service ticket system, such as Zendesk
- Able to problem solve in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work quickly and accurately with an open and adaptable work ethic
- Participate in 24/7 support and on-call rotation
- Ability to work successfully with limited supervision
- Experience using advanced Microsoft Excel functions is preferred
SANDOW was founded by visionary entrepreneur, Adam Sandow, in 2003 with the goal of building a truly innovative media company that would reinvent the traditional publishing model. Today, SANDOW is a fully integrated solutions platform powering innovation for the design and luxury industries.
Its diverse portfolio of design media and technology companies include Interior Design, Luxe Interiors + Design, Metropolis, Galerie, and NewBeauty. Materials Innovation brands include global materials consultancy, Material ConneXion, and game-changing material sampling, logistics and sustainability platform, Material Bank. SANDOW brands also include research and strategy firm, ThinkLab. In 2019, SANDOW was selected by the New York Economic Development Corporation to become the official operator of NYCxDESIGN, beginning in 2020.